Saturday 18 August 2012

The moment when i was in DHONI


 2 April 2011 the moment when I was in Dhoni.

It was the time which I could set against my memories and boast in future that I was there to witness the most glorious
historical cricket ever played by India. I wonder how a small game can defeat all the writers, Great public speakers
and great political leaders on their constant endeavor to deliver a single message of patriotism all over the country
with their revolutionary speeches, writings and visionary statements. I would never forget that dreamy glimpse of
those dazzling faces of Indian cricketers while they were making a new history in the golden pages of Indian cricket
in the world cup-2011. The hearts and the prayers of nearly more than 200 crores people of the whole world were eyed
on a single player, the legendary captain of Indian cricket team Mahindra Singh Dhoni. The prolonged awaited reincarnated
spirit of the world cup winner captain after 1983 was been expected to be carried by Dhoni. It seemed like the whole world
of Indians were stuck on the edge of a new start or a new end and Dhoni was the one to touch the ribbon with his chest.
I forgot my work, my family, my religion, my caste, my boundaries, my past, my present and my future, in whole, all the
Indians had forgotten everything on what they truly existed in this world and were waiting for Dhoni to swing his bat in
the whole world covering it under the shadow of the tricolor flag of India. I felt myself in Dhoni, in fact I bet every
Indian would have felt the same which again made me heavier, but I knew this was the time for which I was destined as an Indian,
I was been awaited, the faces of diverse races, religions, castes, provinces, locations,
all but Indian could be seen as hallucinations in front of my eyes, all quietly screaming “You are an Indian, So you can do it”.
 The historical swing was waved and the historical sound of the ball hitting the bat was heard,
I closed my eyes and prayed like I ‘d never done before, the whole world was dead for a moment for me,
I even forgot cricket and only remembered India, the crowd screamed and I opened my eyes,
it was a six! What is “six”? It was a win, win for India, Win for those faces, win for those different religions and caste,
win for my team and at last win for me, Now, I felt me in myself and I could see Dhoni as an other Indian.
I screamed like I will not need my voice anymore, I jumped like I will not need my legs any more,
I hugged and squeezed everyone whom I had been oblivion of for few hours and thanked God,
I bet even the orthodox atheist did that on that particular day.

No comments:

Post a Comment