Sunday 19 August 2012

Mahi Met Dhoni


Everyone throughout their lives keep on chasing dreams,  dreams that pump us with the power to achieve bigger and better.  And when we do live these dreams they become the cherished memories for  a lifetime giving us all the joy and happiness .
 I myself had a long held dream, a wish that millions have yet only the fortunate few are able to live it. Meeting Mahendra singh Dhoni or our beloved Mahi was my dream. The iconic youth sensation and the king of all hearts was my heartthrob and I only wished to meet him someday and as they say dreams do come true. I still am not able to fathom that I witnessed such a fine day and was fortunate to spend a whole day with my superstar.
For the past 5 years what not I had done just to had a glimpse of my hero. I was such a diehard fan of Dhoni  that I even made up an album collection of his more than 10000 pictures . I never missed an opportunity in hand to get any chance to meet him and finally I got one that gave me something to cherish for my lifetime. It was a contest organized by Sonata for all the diehard fans of mahi to get once in a lifetime opportunity to meet their favorite cricketer and I couldn’t afford to miss such a golden chance. I'd to upload a video, play few games on it and aggregate as abounding points as i could, and 11 winners were called all over from India with the Maximum points and Luckily I was one of them. I was overwhelmed with joy and could hardly fathom my luck to have provided me such a glorious opportunity. My days went by thinking about things I would say to mahi when I meet him and the excitement to meet him was all that was gripping my mind. I was informed by the organizers that the meet was to organized on 27th of November at the Taj and all I knew was that its gonna be the best day of my life. I booked my air tickets as fast as possible and edited a poster of mahi to present it to him. I also completed my album to show it to him and can’t wait a moment for the glorious day to arrive.
And finally the big day arrived to I reached the taj hotel to have the time of my life. After having the breakfast I couldn’t resist the anxiety to meet Mahi and few moments later, in front of me there stood my hero with an adorable smile on his face that left me spellbound. I couldn’t wait to greet my hero and express my craziness for him. Then came the moment when I was able to shake hands with the heartthrob and my heart skipped a beat. It was magical. 

I handed him the poster I edited and also showed him the album I had made and all he could say to me was “WOW..!”.

I then posed for a couple of pictures with him and he handed me a memento of gratitude and it felt like heaven.

Then Dhoni interacted and chatted with all the winners and answered all we asked him from his family to stardom to being the captain of Indian team. I was fun indeed and finally we headed towards the dining area where we had lunch together and shared few light hearted conversations.

Then everyone assembled for the group photographs and now it was time to bid adieu to most beloved cricketer of  the nation.

Then I asked mahi for an autograph and he readily fulfilled my desire by signing my Nokia N8i phone. 


To this day even I wake up looking at the phone reliving memories that mean a lot to me. I just wished for time to stand still and let me savor the moments but as all things, good times too come to an end.
It was time to return to home with memories to relish for a lifetime filled in my heart. Although parting was sad yet I had already lived my dream and I was the happiest person on the planet. Goosebumps ran through my body as I realized that what I witnessed was indeed true.

2 comments: